Thursday, March 20, 2008

Now THAT'S a Vitae...

Well, I guess the big news is that I finally broke down and bought an iPod of my very own. Reconditioned, second gen model direct from the Apple web site. Beyond great NPR programming like "To the best of our knowledge" and "Sound Opinions", I'm searching out iTunes U material..and I came across "Dr. Gwen". The icon alone within the iTunes store was enough to make me pause.

Looking a bit further I found that Gwen Morse, Ph.D, MSN, has had a long professional and academic calendar. I'm rather intrigued as to how she veered off from traditional academia into the for profit world of Kaplan, Regis and Walden. But more to the point, this web site rocks -her courses could be dry as the Sahara, but based solely on the bling of her web site, I'd sign up. I'd be curious to see if faculty who move into the "pay for play" world of U of Phoenix et al. also sex up themselves on the Web, either for prospective employers or students. Maybe my Second Life avatar should replace my mugshot...?

No comments: